Tamaya Wellness Program
Community joining together to make wellness a way of life at Santa Ana.
The mission of the Tamaya Wellness Program is to promote, support, and maintain healthy lifestyle choices within the Santa Ana community.
Our program addresses the problems of diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and other chronic diseases by working to:
– Increase physical activity knowledge and behaviors.
– Improve healthy eating knowledge and behaviors.
– Improve self-management knowledge and practice among adults with diabetes.
– Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease individuals with diabetes or at risk for diabetes.
– Strengthen partnerships to create an overall environment that promotes healthy lifestyles.
– Establish and strengthen policies, systems and environmental approaches to prevent and reduce the effects of chronic disease among Santa Ana community members.
– Engage the community in the evaluation of health issues and program planning.
Judy Reuter, Program Manager
JoAnna Garcia, Adult Fitness & Wellness Manager
Kathryn Herrera, Diabetes & Healthy Heart Specialist
Perdita Wexler, CDC Wellness Project Coordinator
Kevin L. Montoya, Wellness Program Outreach Specialist
Angela Moreno, Nutrition & Fitness Specialist
-Irene Holmes, Fitness Leader
Group Exercise Instructors:
Tina Trejo-Winn, Administrative Assistant