|POSITION TITLE: Family Social Services & IWCA Worker
DEPARTMENT: Social Services
SUPERVISOR: Social Services Manager
Under direct supervision of the Social Services Manager will assist in the preservation of the family unit through the programs and services offered in accordance with Bureau of Indian Affairs 25 Code of Federal Regulations. This position provides key support to Social Services and ICWA and works professionally with multiple agencies, staff and diverse community members. This position must maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times. **NOTE: job announcement will be initially opened to Pueblo members for a period of five (5) working days.**
*This position allows for the opportunity to learn about Social Work, the Indian Child Welfare Act, Protective Services, Family Services and receive training as allowable per policy.
**This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive. Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules and be able to work on a 24-hour on-call basis may be required.
**NOTE-job announcement will be initially opened to Pueblo members for a period of five (5) working days**
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- •Provides information and assistance to tribal members in matters of financial and economic need and refers to appropriate services.
- •Advises clients of availability of further services; and acts as a liaison with outside sources to ensure the needs of client are being met. Makes referrals to other agencies as appropriate with the objective of meeting the needs of the clients
- •Coordinates and communicates with the Social Services Aide to ensure efficient scheduling for client appointments to maintain the Social Services & ICWA Calendar and all case file documentation and client contacts.
- •Conducts intake for clients in need of assistance to obtain Social Security, Medicaid, TANF, and SNAP benefits and obtains CIBs and correspondence from internal & external departments.
- •Responsible to conduct follow up with clients through telephone contact, in-office visits, and home visits.
- •Responsible to assist in client transports to and from appointments that are deemed necessary to meet the welfare of the client, i.e. Human Services office, Social Security office, etc.
- •Maintains case files to ensure confidentiality, easy retrieval and compliance with the Services to Children, Elderly, and Families (SOF) Review Instrument.
- •Maintains and ensures record of all client contacts in case files, including client transports, home visits, office visits, telephone calls, etc.
- •Processes incoming mail and outgoing correspondence to ensure that the case files are complete.
- •Communicates critical information by conveying information clearly, accurately, honestly, and concisely in a professional manner with respect to all person (s).
- •Contacts Social Services Manager and follows department policy in the event of an emergent situation.
- •Assists in department activities, events, and presentations related to child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, teen pregnancy, elder abuse, substance prevention and awareness, etc.
- •Maintains department standards of strict confidentiality on all matters.
- •Assists in generation of monthly report, including gathering data, obtaining information from records, and printing report information as needed.
- •Responsible for Department administrative tasks such as, maintaining supply distribution log for welfare emergency supplies, ordering office supplies, monitoring office equipment and preparing travel paperwork. Performs other related duties as directed.
- High School graduate or equivalent education (GED) and two years work experience with
social services, behavioral health, or prevention setting. Must have a positive mental attitude and be able to deal with stressful and unpleasant situations without losing composure. Ability to speak the Keres Language preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and be insurable through the Pueblo’s carrier. Must agree to random drug and alcohol testing as per Pueblo policies. Meet standards of character mandated by Public Laws 101-630 through background investigation.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- •Knowledge of Santa Ana Pueblo traditions, language, history and culture.
- •Knowledge of the Pueblo’s judicial system.
- •Knowledge and adherence to all pertinent tribal, federal, and state laws, i.e., 25- Federal Code of Regulations, Privacy Act, Indian Child Welfare Act, Adoption and Safe Families Act, 66 BIAM, Public Laws 101-630, etc.
- •Ability to prioritize workloads, maintain confidentiality, works independently and upon own initiative.
- •Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment.
- •Ability to accept the dangers, stresses, regimentation, discipline, and time demands of working with children and families involved in abuse and neglect situations.
- •Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- •Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice, and desire to help when dealing with people.
- •Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- •Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Situations where extreme caution must be exercised sometimes occur when contacting individuals at home. Evening, weekend, and/or holiday work will be required.